Unlike every other router, Netgear also has its dark days when an unknown technical fault interferes with the functioning of this router. One such issue that interrupts with the functioning of the product is the error code 10. Basically, this error is caused due to the IRO conflict or may be due to the improper connectivity of adapter or maybe because of the wrong driver installed.
The reason behind this issue can be any, but this problem must be fixed up quickly. So in order to fix this error code 10, the experts of Netgear Tech support Australia have come up with a complete solution. Just follow the below mentioned instructions appropriately.
- Firstly, click on the start menu and then right-click on my computer and then click on properties from the menu.
- Then tap on hardware under the system properties and then select device manager.
- Then under the device manager, you will see the Netgear adapter with a yellow exclamation mark within the adapter category.
- Then double-click on the adapter to check the device status under the general tab
- You have to right-click on the adapter and select uninstall from the menu to uninstall the driver.
- After removing the drivers, restart your system and then download the drivers again from the browse. Or you can install it with the help of CD.
- When prompted, plug in the adapter on a different slot of your system to protect it from conflict.
We hope the above solution help you out to get rid of the issue. If not, then get in touch with our experts by calling at Netgear Technical Support Number who will help in resolving every issue. Our support team delivers quick and reliable solutions to common router problems. Also, if you need further assistance with any other issue related to this router then our experts are available round the clock to solve your issues