Toshiba is the world’s leading manufacturer of Personal computers; it is developing reliable computing devices for multiple business sectors. Hardware components developed by Toshiba are used by people all across the globe. Toshiba is not only developing HD televisions and laptops, but it is also developing DVD players, digital video recorders, printers, and LCDs. Toshiba devices are high-portable, user-friendly, and available at affordable costs that’s why people mostly prefer Toshiba products over other digital device manufacturing brands. Toshiba services centres are available all over the world, users can visit the nearby service centre and get their device’s service done.
Toshiba users may sometimes get interrupted while using Toshiba laptops due to technical errors. In some rare cases, users may face black screen issues, suddenly a black screen may appear on their screen and disturb their work. If you are also witnessing the same issues on your Toshiba laptop, then take assistance from the Toshiba customer support team with the help of the Toshiba Customer Service Number.
To quickly troubleshoot your Toshiba laptop’s black screen issues, please do follow the procedure given in the below article.
Follow these methods to instantly fix the black screen issues of your Toshiba laptop:
- Press and hold on the power button for 60 seconds your laptop turns on automatically.
- Plug-in the charger and then try to turn on your laptop.
- You may frequently face this issue if your laptop is infected by viruses or malware please remove viruses and malware from your laptop to avoid this issue.
- Remove all external devices attached to your laptop now turn your laptop on by pressing the power button of your laptop.
- Updating your laptop’s graphic card drivers may also resolve this issue.
- Tap on the function and F5 key from your keyboard for 60seconds your laptop’s black screen issue will be fixed.
- Check for windows update, you may face this issue if your windows is not up-to-date so manually check for updates and keep your windows up-to-date to avoid this error.
If the steps given in the above article don’t work get further guidance from Toshiba Technical Support Australia, you can either make use of offline or online support channels of Toshiba.