As we all know that LAN is a computer network that interconnects the computer within a limited area which can be classified as a residence, office, school, university campus etc. well nowadays as we all know that printers come with a feature of LAN connectivity which is very helpful for business, school and universities because it enhances the space management and on top of that it costs so much less than the other ways of connectivity. According to Xerox Printer Technical Support, many big universities and offices prefer the LAN connectivity on their printers for a more user-friendly printing experience for students and employees.
Now the main thing is that you can also do it if you own a relatively modern printer which has an Ethernet port. To help out in this whole process of installation Xerox Customer Support has given some steps below which you might want to consider.
- Firstly, go to the computer connected which is connected to the same router as the machine and open the control panel
- In the control panel click on “security and system” and then click on “system”. Note down the workgroup name in the “computer name, domain” section
- Now, turn off your printer
- Then, connect the RJ-45 cable to the LAN port in the printer and the other end of the cable to the empty port in the router
- Use the navigation keys to open the settings and open the control panel on the printer and look for IP settings and then press OK to access it
- Select the DHCP, Automatic IP or Dynamic IP option and then click OK
- Go to the Workgroup name in the menu settings and enter to type in the name which you noted earlier
- Now follow the prompts to install the printer driver on the computer
- Open the control panel on your computer and click on devices and printers. Click on the installed printer and open the print properties. Click on the print test page
- At last, we recommend you to please install the printer software on the computer.
We hope with the help of these steps you’ll be able to setup your printer to a LAN without facing any issues. Still, if you face any issues, feel free to call us on our official Xerox Printer Customer Support Number.